The Junior Golf Association (JGA) was established in 1987 with the purpose of providing quality golf experiences for area juniors at affordable rates. In 2015, JGA obtained 501(c)(3) non-profit status and was renamed Kalamazoo Junior Golf Association (KJGA) with an additional purpose of using the game of golf to help young people of all backgrounds develop fundamental values such as integrity, sportsmanship, and resiliency.
First Tee of West Michigan Expanding to Kalamazoo County
First Tee of West Michigan, in partnership with the Kalamazoo Junior Golf Association and the City of Kalamazoo, is planning to expand its programs to Kalamazoo County starting in the spring of 2021.
First Tee is an international non-profit youth development program that teaches life skills, values, and healthy habits through the game of golf. The curriculum serves youth ages 7 to 17. Last year First Tee of West Michigan worked with more than 1,200 youth at 15 area golf courses in Kent, Ottawa, and Muskegon Counties. Nearly half of those students received scholarships to participate due to their families’ income. First Tee believes it can impact more than 500 young people in Kalamazoo annually by 2023.
2020 Online Registration NOW OPEN!
- Our 2020 Instructional Schedule and Online Registration is NOW AVAILABLE!
- Our 2020 Tournament Schedule is NOW AVAILABLE!
- Now offering 15 & under instructional groups and more classes! Read more in Junior Instruction.
- All participants registered by June 10, 2020 will receive Youth on Course / GAM membership.
- All participants may also purchase an optional summer membership to The Dome Sports Center
- Graduating seniors: We are now accepting applicants for 2020 KJGA Scholarship due June 10, 2020. Find out more here.
Explore Our Programs
“Learn to Golf” summer clinics with 150+ annual participants since 1987.
Hosted by 20 area host courses with 32 Events and 300+ annual participants.
KJGA has awarded 83 Scholarships with total value $115,000 since 1997.
PGA Junior League
Experience playing in a league. Team vs Team Competition.